Saturday, June 25, 2011

Who can resist a strong jaw? *Swoon*

This is one of my all-time favorite BBC productions. The cinematography is beautiful, especially the part where she talks about "hell... it is white, snow white." I also love the soundtrack to this mini TV series. Makes me want to read the novel (by Elizabeth Gaskill). 

Vickie and I watched all 4 episodes into the night because it is addicting. There is so much to it- the romance, the industrial revolution, workers vs. mill owners... 

THE PLOT: Margaret Hale is forced to move from the idyllic South to the industrial-driven north when her father quits the clergy. She hates it in the beginning, and has a run in with John Thornton, a rich cotton mill owner with a temper. However, she slowly gets to know the factory workers, who are planning a strike, and her charity towards them conflicts with her growing attraction to their "master" Mr. Thornton (who might not be all he seems to be after all...).

And if you need added incentive to watch this, seriously who can resist Richard Armitage's (he plays John Thornton) strong jaw?!

And again... 

GO WATCH!!!

2 comments:

  1. ah, I miss you. I have recently taken your advice on watching the Sherlock Holmes Series, and I have thoroughly enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! I've converted one more person... bwa ha ha! :) But it's fantastic isn't it?!

    ReplyDelete