Monday, June 27, 2011

Becoming Jane

My roommate and I recently went on a BBC Romance Classics mini-television series binge, watching 3 of them in a row- Pride and Prejudice (Colin Firth's Mr. Darcy!), North and South (see previous post), and last, Jane Eyre.

This Jane Eyre was rather... gloomy. I like it, but didn't love it. I think it's because the timing of the sequence of events was rather erratic. For example, it went through the childhood and schooling phase way too fast, and as such, there wasn't enough time to fully develop that sense of pathos  for her character before she grows up.  I also wish they developed the characters of the Rivers sisters better, instead of merely concentrating on their brother. A pity. But on the whole, BBC never disappoints and it is still worth watching.

Good thing I'm away at camp now, so I'm taking a hiatus from TV watching. My roommate however, might compile a list of things to watch when I get back. Bwa ha ha ha ha ha!

1 comment:

  1. your lovely roommateJune 28, 2011 at 9:09 PM

    Movie List for now : Becoming Jane, Mansfield Park, Jane Eyre(2011 film)

    I will keep give you updates! XD

    LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete