Thursday, June 16, 2011

Let's Go on an Archaeological Adventure!

This past Tuesday morning, Vickie, Robert (guy from the ward) and I drove to Goshen Valley to visit Fan who was excavating an archaeological site for her class. My trusty little car not only made it all the way there and back, but it also drove a small strip of rough road and did well- I love my car.

Here are some pictures.
Working hard
Beautiful clear blue sky. Good thing we got there in the morning before it turned hot
One of the areas they've dug up these past 2 months

Isn't this a cute picture of Fan at work? I think it is
An arrowhead! 
Beams- can you imagine that this survived for hundreds of years ago, and once supported a structure?
Can you see that the wall has different layers? The dark part has charcoal in it
Robert trying his hand at archaeological research as well!
I also took my turn in "shaking" / "sieving through" the dirt/ sand, and it was hard! Took a lot of strength, and I got my shorts and shoes all dirty. It was super cool though to go through the dirt and find "treasures such as bones. This is not the career path I want to take, but I think it was a very fun trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment