Monday, June 6, 2011

Love is in the Air!

Thankfully, the weather has been rather pleasant lately.
I've attended 3 wedding receptions over the past 2 weekends and have one more huge (and most important) one coming up.
The Invitations. Martha and Deep's invite was shipped from India!
The first was my neighbor's wedding. We just met them a couple of weeks ago, and the bride graciously invited us to her reception. Two of my roommates and I went, and we even bought them a nice roasting pan.

Colors: Red and Black
Venue: A huge backyard, complete with a playground and trampoline built into the ground- how cool is that?!
Food: 7 layer bean dip and chips, delicious strawberry shortcake & mini red velvet cake pieces
Highlight: The tablecloth caught fire because of the mini candles decorating the table, but was put out in an instance- phew! Oh, and those mini red velvet cake pieces were yummy- I had, er... 3?

Table centerpiece and one of those delicious mini red velvet cake pieces I love!
Throwing the bouquet!
The second was Martha and Deep's wedding. Martha was in my ward. It was a Indian-Mexican blend themed wedding.

Colors: Red and Blue (I think)
Venue: LDS Cultural Hall 
Food: Indian curry and Indian finger food, South American rice, salsa and chips
Highlight: The Dance Party- can't go wrong with Indian and Latino music!
The party favor- isn't that so cool? Shipped from India
People from the ward with the beaming bride and groom

The third was Xing and Emily's wedding. Xing and I were in the Washington Seminar program at the same time.

Colors: Pink and Gray
Venue: American Fork Amphitheater (this is my ideal place for a reception if I have to have one here)
Food: Chicken salad croissants, vegetables, bite-sized muffins, brownies and 3 different flavors of cheesecake (guess I'm not sick of cheesecakes anymore!)- this is the caterer I want to have!
Highlight: Seeing my fellow D.C.-ites again! And the venue and food... this was probably one of the better receptions I've been to.

With the happy couple. Xing shipped his suit from London because no shop in the United States carried his size!
Reunion- Loved seeing them!
One of the gorgeous centerpieces
Gearing up for the most important wedding of the year to come for me (not my own of course). Details to come!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that is a lot! I would have loved to have gone to the Indian/Mexican one. Sounded fun.

    Thanks for replying to my comments!

    ReplyDelete