Monday, May 23, 2011

WARD ACTIVITY ON SATURDAY

After almost 5 days of continuous rain, it was a relief when the sun came out on Saturday in its full glory- hallelujah!

Perfect weather for a ward (church congregation) activity. I haven't really told anyone, but I am the new co-chair for my ward's activities committee. Not my favorite calling/ duty, but well, you trust that the Lord knows what He is doing, and that He called you to that position. So far, it's been alright, mainly because my committee has been very supportive.

The activity focused on helping people get to know each other's names. We had a spiritual thought, played two games and then had dessert. Short and simple, which is probably the best type of activity.
Fan's version of 3D Twister- hilarious! 
 Here is the "mudpie" I made for dessert. And yes, those are gummy worms to give extra "effect."

Made my own oreo crust, spread softened ice-cream, decorated the glass sides with chocolate syrup, added more oreos, gummy worms and chocolate sauce on top and viola! Completely sinful but *erhem* it was pretty good. Can't go wrong with ice-cream and oreos, right?! ;)

1 comment: