Tuesday, May 24, 2011

New skill

Last night, I helped Vickie wrap "水餃/ shuijiao"  and as we were working, she told me that the chefs at 鼎泰豐/ Ding Tai Feng  had to master pinching the 小籠包/ xiaolongbao skin with an exact 18 folds, before they were allowed to work there.

I'm not a professional chef of course, but here is my attempt to beat their record.
The one behind had 16 folds, while the one in front had a 21 folds!!! Not bad eh... Of course, my pinching is highly uneven, and wrapping 小籠包/ xiaolongbao takes a lot more skill than wrapping 水餃/shuijiao.
Vickie said that my record-beating dumplings have so many folds in them, they look more like 水煎包/ shuijianbao than 餃子/ jiaozi. Ha ha ha!


Yummy yummy! I am so lucky to have roommates that cook very well.

2 comments:

  1. Does that mean we'll get to eat 水餃 when you come back?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha yes of course, but I'm not making them. We'll just go to the market and buy them!!!

    ReplyDelete