Wednesday, May 18, 2011

ANNOUNCEMENT

You are now reading the blog of the proud new owner of a 2000 Toyota Echo. Well, not mine alone, but it now belongs to my family. This car will be shared by my sisters and I come Fall. It's a cute compact car, 4 doors (definite requirement in my family), and is suppose to have super duper mileage. I'm pretty proud of myself because I managed to "haggle" the price down by $700, which in the end was off-set by dealership fee, car tax, registration fee, emissions and safety tests fees. Oh and of course, auto insurance (so expensive!). But at least the car was much cheaper than the stated price, so we saved a bit. I was able to ask for a lower price because I knew that the TVM of the car was not anywhere near the price asked for.

Moral of the story: DO YOUR HOMEWORK BEFORE BUYING A CAR!

It's 11 years old, so don't expect anything fancy. In fact, the windows have to be rolled down manually and there are no power locks. Still, it's a nice cheap small car that runs well, and the interior of the car is still quite new. It's not big, but then, Asians are generally small in size so it's very spacious enough for us. I love it already! Especially since its small size makes its easier to parallel park between two cars... ;)

1 comment:

  1. Looks fabulous to me as an 11 year old. Good job Keesh :)

    ReplyDelete