Thursday, May 12, 2011

AM I CRAZY?!

I found a job for three weeks in the summer!

I am going to be a resident facilitator to high school students coming to BYU's STARTALK Chinese camp in the summer. It will be for three weeks, and I will eat and stay overnight with them, and spend all 3 weekends with them. In other words, it'll be YOUTH CONFERENCE all over again, but this time I'm the "chaperon" for THREE WEEKS.

Am I crazy?
Yeah.

But the weird thing is, I'm actually excited! And if you know me, I am NOT Youth Conference leader material (too introvert to enjoy such things). Hence, it's even a puzzle to me why I feel good about it.

Oh well, it pays good money and if I don't like it, I will just have to suffer for 3 weeks right?! I will eat breakfast and dinner with them everyday, help with their Chinese homework, play games, and stay overnight with them in the dorms for the entire camp duration. On weekends, we might go to Temple Square and on a hike. Sunday is their "day off" and I will take those who want to go to church with me (I think).

Cross my fingers things work out!!! :)

2 comments:

  1. you'll be great! you are totally youth conference leader material. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. So enjoying yourself so far? You will cos it'll resurrect your youthfulness (haha, not that you aren't one now) *tickle*

    ReplyDelete