Wednesday, May 11, 2011

My Feeble Attempt at Creating

"The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul... Creation means bringing into existence something that did not exist before—colorful gardens, harmonious homes, family memories, flowing laughter."
Pres. Dieter F. Utchdorf
"Happiness, Your Heritage"  October 2008 General Relief Society Meeting 

May I present to you my very own creation:

Keshia’s Double Layer Trifle


Indulge me a little while I boast a little about it please?! :) I confess that this recipe is based on a trifle recipe by Sis Dalebout (family friend). I helped her make her Christmas trifle, and loved it so much, I wanted to make one myself. After some trial and error (and with some inspiration from Above), this is the result- ta dah! I have to say, I'm very pleased with it. It did taste simply wonderful! 

My roommates and I finished the bigger bowl in ONE day.
Good thing I gave the smaller one away- can't imagine the calories... 
FYI, the layers are:
  • Cake
  • Jello
  • Fruit
  • Real whipped cream
  • Crushed up Twix bars
Let me know if you want the detailed recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment