Saturday, July 30, 2011

I MISS EFFICIENT PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION!

I HATE COMMUTING! Waste of time, waste of gas, waste of money... I left my apartment an hour and a half to get to Salt Lake early (normal drive 45 minutes), and due to traffic, I was late. On my first day of work.

Nice.

Sigh... good thing I've found a place, and will be moving soon. My new place is about a 15 minute drive to downtown Salt Lake City, so hopefully, even during the winter, the commute to work won't be as tiring. I've also gotten better at timing. As long as I leave my house around 7am-ish, traffic won't be too bad. Oh carpooling so that you can take the HOV express lane is also strongly advised.

Meanwhile, work is going well. I love what I'm doing, which is basically research about the history of the Relief Society. My supervisors are very friendly and kind, and have put me to work already. Yeah! The History of the Church is EXTREMELY fascinating, and I can't wait to learn more.

No comments:

Post a Comment