Monday, September 5, 2011

Temple Square in the Summer

Isn't it weird that I've visited Temple Square many times to see the Christmas Lights, yet I've never visited Temple Square in the summer nor toured the Conference Center? No kidding. Long time coming, but I finally did it, and I'm so glad I was able to do it with my sisters.

We started by taking a tour of the Conference Center. No matter how many times I've been in that building, I am always awed by the size of the building. This time, the tour guide pointed out to us the intricate details of the building.


 Then  we went into the Conference Hall...



Unbelievable.

We also walked around Temple Square- I couldn't believe how beautiful it was. Whoever does the landscaping for Temple Square is a genius!
Here were some of my highlights:
  • Dinner at the Nauvoo Cafe and view from the Joseph Smith Building
  • The Salt Lake Temple- now that I've moved to Salt Lake, it's officially "my" temple now :)
  • The "Dollhouse" of the Salt Lake Temple
  • The Christus
  • Seeing Sister Sarah Woo! She looked radiant and happy
  • The Tabernacle. We requested that the sister missionaries conduct the acoustic demonstration, and 
we
were
blown
away

The acoustics... wow! There is no way Brigham Young could have known about such physics without pure revelation. 

We came back the next day to watch a rehearsal of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir for their weekly "Music and the Spoken Word" episode. 


Need I say it was AWESOME?!

For more pictures, please click on this link.

No comments:

Post a Comment