Thursday, September 15, 2011

My "Wedding Bit-ies"

If you are a single female like me, I'm sure you've thought about what you want your future dream wedding to be, because I have and I'm 100% sure it it happens to every girl.

Because, well, we're female. Even though I don't have all the details planned down to a "T" and don't want to anyway, however, once in a while, I collect what I call "Wedding Bit-ies," i.e. ideas of what I what I want or absolutely do not want for my wedding. That's my "payback" from all the weddings I've attended in Wedding-ville, UT :)
I'm not talking about the huge plans- only the teeny details / "idiosyncracies" (call them " personal preferences") that flash "you."

Here's my list so far:
  • To be printed below the part about registries, "The bride requests that guests refrain from wearing only/ all black (It's a wedding, not a funeral!)"
  • Wedding colors: Purple (duh!) and champagne gold
  • Definitely having a FLORAL bouquet. No bags, umbrellas, fans...  
  • I'm a person who loves simple feminine patterns, so I think this is a great idea...
10
Taken from the blog Bee in Our Bonnet
... but I'm torn between this creative idea, and using REAL flowers. How do they make these anyway?!
  • No flip-flops for me or my immediate wedding party. 
  • Wedding Announcement Photo: Candid, smiling, different side-profiles and ABSOLUTELY NO KISSING SHOTS. (Kissing shots on the wedding day itself is fine though!)
What "Wedding Bit-ies" do/ did you have?




2 comments:

  1. I HAD to have dancing at my reception, of course. Although I did not write or say anything, I wished people weren't dressed so casual at LDS receptions. Just because I'm not dishing out thousands on mine doesn't mean you can wear jeans! Last thing was not being mean with the cake.

    Why no kissing shots? I didn't include any on my invite, but they were in the photo shoot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Francesca! To me, jeans just show that they don't really care about the occasion.
    As for kissing shots in engagement pictures- just a personal preference. I didn't like pictures in which the couple was kissing (I'm not interested in the fact that you like to make out!), and since I'm not ever going to use a kissing picture, why take it?! :)

    ReplyDelete