Thursday, March 12, 2009

It's Considered An "Oldie" Already???!!!

I was just on Youtube catching up on my music. Well, perhaps "catching up" isn't quite the accurate word.
More like, RE-listening to all the music that I left behind and seeing if any of my favourite singers have come up with anything new.
I have to admit- it's been great listening to some of my Babylon music again. I've gone through my entire rack of CDs and thrown away some of them because, well, the thought that I used to listen to that makes me cringe even now (and no, I will NOT admit what type of music I used to listen to). The rest though, still sounds amazing and makes me want to hit the floor and do a bit of dancing!
And boy- it's been fun to hear the new music from singers that I liked pre-mission.

Brandi Carlile is fast becoming my favourite female singer .

Nickelback is still awesome (stop gasping- I like a teeny little bit of all types of music ).

Anyone heard of A Fine Frenzy? Well, you should because her songs are fabulous, despite a really weird name for this talented singer.

Santana's Into the Night, feat. Nickelback's Chad Kroeger is SO SINFUL. Makes me want to dance on the spot. Santana's guitar playing skills are super sexy.

As for the Chinese Music Industry... One of my investigators gave me the new Cheer Chen CD and I think it's pretty good.

And for everyone's convenience, I've put up a YouTube Search on the side bar of my blog (see it yet?) so that you can type in and search for their music. I can't believe Blogger provides this type of service- it's awesome!

I know- my taste in music is off-stream. I don't even remember how I started hearing Brandi Carlile and A Fine Frenzy. I think I was on Yahoo! Music, and I stumbled across one of their songs just before my mission and that's how I started listening to them.
And yes, I am perfectly aware that although all these are NEW to me, it has already become OLD to everyone else (even if it's onlybeen out 3 months). In fact, I don't even know who's now hot or who not... WHO CARES?! I'm sticking to my good ol' music. "Oldies", like wine, just get better with age. I just think it's so sad that everyone is so busy chasing the latest singles that so many good "old" songs are barely heard again, and the latest hottest singles aren't necessary the best type of music. So much music now (at least the few that I've heard so far) is very trashy now.

BUT despite me being such a music snob, I do keep my mind (and ears) open and if anyone has any suggestions, feel free to tell me. Since music is such a personal and subjective thing, regardless of what people listen to or whether they agree with me or not, I respect everyone's music choice as long as they don't start trashing my type of music.

Meanwhile, it's been a long time since I've danced! Everybody, altogether now, "Ay oh ay oh ay oh ay... And we danced on into the night..." (Santana's Into the Night)

1 comment:

  1. HEY. no worries man. im an oldie too! lol. im listening to songs premission era la. so whatever that i listened to a year and a half ago, im still listening now. abit the sad case but ohwells. im open to more. but more kpop though. haha. i have no idea who are the pple you are talking about. lol. loveya.

    ReplyDelete