Sunday, August 28, 2011

Moving Away from BYU Single Wards

Oops, wrong name since it's not called "BYU Single Wards" anymore. It's "(Place) YSA (#) Ward" now. I used to be in the "Provo YSA 203 Ward" and now I am in the "Granger YSA 1st Ward".

First Impressions:
- The ward boundary is HUGE. If you understand Utah coordinates, the ward goes from 2100 S to 4100 S (200 blocks up to down) and 1000 W to about 4000 W (300 blocks left-right).
- Which means that the ward is huge as well. There are apparently about 400 people currently in the ward (old and new).
- The ward has more people around my age, especially the guys- hooray!
- However, there are also more guys that are... *erhem* I shall not say
- The 3 block meetings were spiritual and uplifting. I especially felt that the teachers did a wonderful job,
- Mingle after church = lasagna, mac-and-cheese, pasta salad, garlic bread, ice-cream... they feed us well here
- Someone told me I looked way younger than my real age. Bwa ha ha ha ha...

I've only made a few friends though, so we shall see. I don't function well in extremely large group settings. But I think I'm off to a good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment