Monday, August 29, 2011

Daylight Robbery

That's what ordering graduation pictures are- daylight robbery.

Okay, so professionals do spend a lot of money on equipment and time. And yes, a professional photographer for a wedding day is A MUST. If I had the money, I would love to hire him as my photographer.

But I can't say the same for graduation pictures. Charging $8 for a 5x7 picture that is PRE-TOUCH UP AND DOESN'T EVEN MAKE ME LOOK GOOD is not worth it at all. And their proofs are downright hilarious. Wish I could post them here- you would laugh (and cringe). There is even one with a tiny-bity size Jimmer in the upper right corner. Ha!

In fact, Jay (Su's hubby) took one picture using his camera that I love and will use as my official graduation photo.

Worse of all, is that the professional is charging me an exorbitant amount of money for shipping. Yes, I understand that normal mail might bend the pictures, and that will not do- you have to ensure that the pictures arrive in pristine condition. But charging us the full price for that? Hello? Shouldn't good service at least cover some of the cost? Amazon ships bulkier and more fragile objects for less than that cost.

I ended up grudgingly paying over $30 for 2 pictures, one 5x7 and the other 8x10. I believe wedding pictures don't even cost that much on the average. URGH!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment