Tuesday, August 9, 2011

It's Nice to Have Space

In a previous post, I wrote about moving up to Salt Lake so that I wouldn't have to suffer through horrible traffic. Well, it's almost official. I've started living in my new apartment on the weekdays and commuting back to Provo on the weekends (various reasons). I'm so much happier now.

How's my new place? So far... I like it!

#1: It's only 3 highway exits from my work place, which means the commute is only 15 minutes in total as opposed to 1 hour 15 mins from Provo.
#2: My landlord is very nice, and my other roommate is a good friend of mine.
#3: My landlord and other roommate are very clean people, particularly my landlord. And in order to minimize the amount the clutter, she requests that we use her kitchenware and keep our own set in storage. Sweet!  
#4: It's furnished, so I don't have to get furniture while I'm doing my internship- now that's a real relief.
#5: The furniture is very well-maintained
#6: I have SPACE. Now, I'm not someone who needs a lot of space. I grew up in Singapore where there is anything but space. I shared a room with both my sisters till I was almost 15. I guess that's why I didn't mind moving into my last (dang! that's surreal) BYU apartment after my mission even though it was old and cramp. I don't mind small, it was reasonably priced for its location, I had great roommates, terrific ward... 

However, now that I have space and my apartment is generally clutter free and it's conveniently located, it's really... nice. I miss having a room- roommate, but I feel like I have so much more breathing space as well!

My closet all to myself.
I have more clothes than that (of course)
but just a sample of how spacious it is
My new bed. Yeah, sleepovers!

No comments:

Post a Comment