Monday, June 1, 2009

I'm such a weird person aren't I?

You know, when the Lord wants to give you something, everything just falls into place!... I landed this job like... PLOP! I found out about the job on Wed, sent in my resume on Thurs, had my interview on Fri, and officially started work on Mon. So I've been working for the International Airlines Transportation Association (IATA) this past week.

And I love my job. Unbelievable.

Even though I'm about to go blind soon.

C'mon, where do you get a job where...
- You get your own private laptop? I'm only a temp ok, and I get a private laptop and my own screen. It's one of those dual- laptop-computer screen sytems, where you can look at both screens and do work on both... SO COOL!

- There's free cookies and juice in the fridge. Plus free fruits every Fri. The perks are sweet.

- The office layout is really cool. The managers here don't have a private room. It's the new age "open concept"you know...

- The pay... oh yes, the pay. It'so nice to be able to sit in a nice air-conditioned office the whole day (and yes, of course the air-con is set to sub-zero temps when outside is like, burning hot), and still be paid to be comfortable- more than $8/hr. WOO HOO! And even though I'm only working 7 hrs/ day (9am-5pm), it's nice because it still gives me sufficient enough income.

- The other day my colleagues and I went to the Tiong Bahru market to eat fish head curry. Ooh la la! SHIOK!

- I'm kept busy the whole day. Yes, this is the real part where I'm down right weird- I love the BUSY-NESS! It's so fun. We deal with very important documents and everything, nad everything hass to be accurate and filed away and so we are kept on our toes, and I love it! I rather this than be BORED OUT OF MY MIND.

- It's at sommerset, so there's a direct train for me. I simply hop onto the train for a 30min commute, then walk 3mins (sheltered walkway furthermore) to my workplace. Can't ask for anything more conveniant.

-AND the fact that I'm just so thankful to have a job in this economic situation.

2 comments: