Sunday, April 19, 2009

The Lord Moves in Mysterious Ways

Can you see it?
How about this? NOW can you see it?

If all you can see are the words "WIN $100... The best caption wins a $100 CapitaLand shopping voucher" that's okay, because that's the whole point! Wah ha ha ha ha! I entered in to this "caption naming" contest for fun (they have this every week in the Straits Times SundayLife! section), and oh my word! Who would have thought that I'd won last week's contest?!

I've yet to find a steady temp job althoughs things haven't been too bad. I haven't been exactly STARVED financially since I'm super cheap-o now! Most weekdays I stay at home and try to "work" from there (meaning clean the house for my mom and try to apply for jobs), and I only go out with friends if there are very cheap deals (like to the Asian Civilization Musuem which gives a discount on Friday nights, and I got in for free due to Jerms- thanks!) or unless necessary (e.g. not enough food for the Stake YSA Talent Night so no choice, had to go out and eat dinner or would have starved!). Sadly, even at BYU, I don't think I am going to be able to be a TA/ RA because my old professors are either 1) not teaching the courses I took under them or 2) not even teaching at BYU anymore! One of them transferred to BYU-H. I've asked but so far, nothing looks good.

But the Lord has been very kind to me. My paternal 5th Aunt gave me some "tidbits" money when I just got back (and if you know my aunt, you know she is very rich and very generous with her family). My maternal 4th uncle gave my sisters and I some money (yes Abish, you have a share too) recently during the Tomb Sweeping Festival/ "Qing Ming Jie", which came as a relief because I was able to pay for Val's wedding dinner. Edlina recently asked if I was interested in helping her school invigilate for a few hours at night this week (so sorry friends- my weeknights this week are BOOKED!) and now this!

Sweeeeeeeeeeet!

The Lord truly does take care of those who are trying.

Meanwhile, anyone else has any recommendations? Quite willing to try almost anything. Can request for my resume. :)

4 comments:

  1. Keesh u should go down to an agency and ask them to help you find a temp job. Thats how i found mine last time. u can try recruit express @ ngee ann city. check their website. Last time they helped me find 2 temp jobs, one at exxonmobil and one at ocbc bank. very gd! - joyce lim

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooohhhhh!!! you won the vouchers through the Sunday Life contest!! that is uber cool!! what caption did u write?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HELLO GIRL! That's what the picture is for! That's my newspaper clip that I won. Bwa ha ha! Blur ah you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the words are VERY SMALL LOR!

    ReplyDelete