Friday, October 16, 2009

Living vicariously through movies...

Ah romance romance... how I love a good ol' romance! And my room-mates are part of the problem because they LOVE Romantic movies (probably even mroe than me!) and have introduced quite a few to me.



I'm ADDICTED to this show. It is SO ROMANTIC. And what I really love about it is that it isn't just about romance, but is set within a revolutionary historical context- the Industrial Revolution in England. To see the complexities of the issues dealt with in that era played out was eye-opening: strikes, industrial pollution, poverty, upper vs. middle class, life in the mills, mill owners vs. mill workers.

It is a sweet Christmas movie- recommended. Who doesn't love a man in a uniform?!

I've been searching for this movie for the longest time, and was thrilled to discover that I had two room-mates with this movie. Oh this is just a lovely movie, which I've already watched 2x this semester.

Oh there are a few more, but I think I'll just put these 3 up first. *swoon*

No comments:

Post a Comment