Sunday, August 26, 2012

Resurrection... again!

Yes I know, AGAIN.
Blogging is like a non-addictive drug- I can live without it, but somehow, I miss my "fix" and always go back to it time and time again. So here's to trying again... and hoping it lasts!

But then, I shouldn't have to worry because I have SO MUCH to blog about! Where do I even begin?!

How about... I'VE MOVED TO OHIO!!! O-H-I-O. I seem to have an affinity with states that have 4 letters (Utah & Ohio)

Anyway... yes, Ohio. WHY?! One word- school.

Yup, more school. In fact, not just "more school" but AT LEAST 5 MORE YEARS OF SCHOOL. You don't need to say anything- I know. Even the thought of 5+ more years of school makes my skin crawl and my brain shutdown.

Unfortunately, this is the path I have to take if I want  to teach history at a university level. Hence, the skin crawling and brain shutting-down.

So far, though, I am enjoying myself and enjoying Columbus, Ohio. (Columbus is the capital of the state of Ohio, and where my school is.) Columbus is actually a pretty big city and rather metropolitan, which is comforting to me who am a 100% city gal.

INTERUPTION: JOKE ABOUT COLUMBUS: During one of my church's activities, my group was asked this question, "What would you tell Columbus to change if you could travel back in time to 14xx?" And I thought, "Columbus... was it even built by 14xx? Hmm..." And then I found out the question was talking about CHRISTOPHER COLUMBUS, the person (who discovered America, you know...), not COLUMBUS the city...

Anyway... I am officially a first year graduate student at The Ohio State University (don't forget the "THE"!), or OSU. Why OSU?

I was accepted there. Only there. Easy-peasy decision to make! Plus everything just fell neatly into place (I was awarded a fellowship; I found housing in Columbus when I was halfway across the globe in Singapore; etc), so I am taking it a sign that this is where God wants me to be. And so far, I feel really good and liking it!

Who would have thought that I end up in O-H-I-O?!

2 comments:

  1. I subscribe to your blog in google reader and was about to put it in my "never posts anymore" folder ;) I'm glad you started writing in your blog again. How cool is it that you are in Ohio, just next door to us! Good luck with grad school. We're nearing the end but it is a very long journey so speaking from experience just take one day at a time and you'll eventually get there. It's SO hard but VERY fulfilling and it will all be worth it in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited!! we are going to see you after all. And I'm excited that you are going to school, but i'm a selfish person and more excited that you are now closer to me : )

    ReplyDelete